Re: Re:M1 intake

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 12:06:54 EST

TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com wrote:

> It's pretty much a direct swap, right up until you bolt on the accessory
> bracket and a/c compressor. You have to do some modifying there.
> The M1 uses a different thermostat housing(LA style)but the same hose.
>
> I'm ordering it today..Check me on this..I need:

Clay has another parts list at the following URL:

http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~cooke/indyram/MPIntake.html

You'll want to cross reference the things that come in Jons kit that he also
lists there in order to not duplicate anything.

> 1. The Kit from Jon ($60)

Good idea.

> 2. Thermostat and gasket (69 Barracuda ??) Is this what you used ?

Any of the larger-style older vehicle Tstats will work.

> 3. stat housing p/n p4286759

I first picked up one for a 73 Barracuda then dumped that one for an
o-ringed chevy piece from Poop-Boys since it was cheaper, on the shelf, and
much better quality. Over 500 miles later with no leaks and I didn't even
have to use a gasket since it was o-ringed.

> 4. intake gasket kit p/n 4897383ac

Sometimes they have this one listed as 4897383ab - not sure why - my parts
guy said the ab was the '99 number and '00 it is ac - weird???

> Thanks , Ted O. (there goes my Nitrous kit)

Don't worry Ted - look at it this way: Now that you'll be running the M1
(MPI), you can even pick up a cheap used N20 kit from any ole swap meet
cause you can now use the std 4bbl flange kits... (except for some minor
changes to the rail mounting setup)

While we are on the subject... check these fuel rails out:

http://www.intenseperformance.com/fun/fun.html

They will do away with all the rail mounting issues and allow easier N20
plate installation. Kinda costly tho - therefore I'll be fabbing up mine in
good ole home-brew fashion. Ideas never hurt 8-))

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"