Re: Idle problem with 4.7L/5 speed

From: The Coughlin Family (Coughlin@centuryinter.net)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 14:38:33 EST

I'm Will Coughlin and I have the same problem.My dealer took my truck for a
testdrive without me and ran the living hell out my truck(they hit the 6200
rpm chatterbox repeatedly)but they couldn't recreate the problem.The tech
wanted to put another IAC motor on it and I said no! just give me my keys,
I've seen enough! Man, I was pissed.I NEVER run my truck above 2400
rpms(usually shift at 2100-2200) and this stuck a thorn in my hide.I am
trying to figure out a way to retrieve tach info from the computer- memory
tach type function so that I can prove to somebody higher than the bastard
service manager who claims they wouldn't do anything that would hurt my
truck.Anyway, let me know what you find out and how we stop this.ps-mine's
never stalled,but it comes close.Thanks, Will
coughlin@centuryinter.net ----- Original Message ----- From: pedro
<pedro@aguayo.org>