Idle problem with 4.7L/5 speed

From: Mtbfed@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 18:38:07 EST

My 99 5.2 5 speed does not hold a steady idle while coasting, clutch in or
in neutral. As soon as I stop, it idles fine. It has stalled only once but
that
was when it was new. When you go to the dealer and pick up the tech
don't let him drive. Take him to the highway, get some good speed then
throw it in neutral that should do it.

Marc Federici
99 SLT+ CC 5.2 5sp 4x2 3.55sg

From: Sammon45@aol.com

   I'm just trying to solve a problem with my truck by looking for other's
with the same problem. I have a 2000 with the 4.7L engine and 5 speed. When
the engine is warm and I come to a stop with the clutch fully depressed, the
idle speed races to 1,000 rpm and then falls to @500 rpm. It usually does
this up/down cycle three times before settling down. On several occasions,
the idle speed dropped enough that the engine stalled. The dealer could not
find a problem, but supposedly reprogrammed the computer anyway. The problem
occurred on the way to the dealer and on the way home after they had it for a
day and a half. I have not been able to take it back yet, so I am trying to
research the possible causes on my own. Otherwise, I love the truck. It only
has 2,600 miles on it. Please let me know if you have experienced this, and
if so, what you or the dealer have done about it.
  I'm taking it back to the dealer on Monday to have a shop tech ride with me
so I can show them the problem.