Re: Metal Questions/Availability

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 21:44:48 EST

I have an electrical supply store and you'd be suprised how many people come in
asking for aluminum electrical enclosures because they "don't rust". All my
enclosures are steel and all my lugs and connectors are copper or tinned copper.
Aluminum is one of the poorest materials to make anything that you expect to
last a while. When it oxidizes, it just turnes to powder. It CAN be
treated(anodized) to be fairly durable, but it starts out as powder and it
eventually ends up as powder .
Dr. Pat