4.7L Computer, RPM limiter

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 16:33:51 EST

I went to Virginia Motorsports Park yesterday, We picked the wrong weekend
for the DML meet, cause the place was empty yesterday! Weather was very
Windy, and 96% humidity. Anyway, something very interesting happened to my
truck. I was making passes as fast as I could get around the place, I made 3
runs in less than 10 minutes, I could have easily got about 30 or 40 runs
had I wanted to. Towards the end of the day, I made 3 consecutive runs and
then on that 3rd run the computer RPM limiter started cutting in at 5000
rpm's??? so I ran again to see if it would do it again, and It did,
everytime I hit 5000 rpms it would cut out???! I managed to get about 6 good
runs in early on in the day, with cooling breaks in between.
The only thing I can think of is the computer got to hot and a sensor in the
computer reduced the rpm limiter??? on my trip home, I could not get the
truck to repeat the symptoms? And today, I drove around for an hour
thrashing the gears hard, and shifting at 5500 rpms, and it is doing fine
now?? Has anyone seen anything like this??

My times from Sat. were 14.89, 14.89, 14.95, 14.95, 15.01, 15.01, 15.07,
15.10, then the computer started acting up and my times showed it, 15.87,
16.45, 17.88, 19.97 hee hee heeee!!!

Matt -- Mechanicsville, VA Y2K-HEMI
`00 Sport Plus 4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD
RC 2x4 Homemade intake & K&N open element,
Traction Bars, Spring clamps
BEST 1/4 14.80 @ 90.97 MPH
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ