Steering Wheel Vibrations

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 16:52:16 EST

The last 2-3 days I have noticed I get some steering wheel vibrations, very
bad at times; only when braking though. It was really bad today when I went
and picked up my dad's 21ft(3500+pounds) Lake Michigan fishing boat from
storage, the wheel felt like it was going to give birth!! Would this denote
I have warped rotors? I still am running factory rotors at 118,800 miles;
just because I watch my brake pads(to make sure they dont dig into the
rotors) and they have only been turned 3 times and are still within
'limits'; low limits at that because they cannot be turned any more. I have
no problems buying new rotors, only if I have to though. Would the machine
shop I take my rotors/drums into for tunring be able to tell if they are
warped? Thanks,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6