Re: RT cam or Blower cam

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 16:41:49 EST

At 04:10 PM 3/12/00 EST, you wrote:
> Hey Dml'ers, Being as I have to pull my intake off , is this a good time
>to put in a blower cam and electric fans. Truck has to pass sniffer
treadmill
>test...any suggestions ... Please....

Hi, Ted

Just from experience with the clean air testing in Ontario, the passing
HC reading here is 58. In Jan., my HC reading just squeeked under with a
57 ...
this was with the CARB-approved MP cam in ... the only non-CARB mod that I
left
on for the test was the F&B Stage 1 tb ... replaced the 180 tstat with the
195 tstat.

If budget can handle it, you might want to consider beefy up your valve train
components (lifters, pushrods, valve springs, retainers). When running N2O,
you will get up into the high rpms pretty quick. You might already have the
beefier pushrods with your 1.7 rockers.

Bob