NEW DAKOTA!!!!

From: dugan (dugan@iland.net)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 00:04:38 EST

Well I am now an official Dakota owner! I picked up my Dakota today from the
dealership after waiting 2 months for it to come in. First of all I would
just like to say this truck KICKS ASS! Here are the specs:
2000 Regular Cab Sport + 4x4 with 5 speed transmission and 4.7L V8, painted
in Black
The truck is fully loaded pretty much. I have a few questions about the
truck and some mods.

First of all do any of you have any tips on how to break my truck in good?

I want to change my tires.. the 31x10.50 goodyear tires dont look aggresive
enough to me really. I want to go with BFG All Terrain tires.. but wanted
to know if I can go one size bigger than 31x10.50s without any problems..
and if so.. what size of tire is that? Will there be rubbing or anything?
Will this affect my trucks performance drasticaly? Can I reset the computer
or somthing to get it to work corectly?

What car care products do you guys use on your dakotas.. as far as cleaning
and detailing?

What type of oil should I use (brand name) and how often should I change my
oil right off the bat? And should I switch to synthetic after a certain
number of miles?

Somehow I forgot to order power mirrors on my dakota.. there seems to be a
place where the button would go for power mirrors.. Is it possible to change
from the manual 5x7 mirrors to the power 5x7 mirrors? If so I may have my
dealership do it.

Do any of you have a Bedrug on your dakota? If so how do you like it? I am
thinking of getting one of these along with a pace edwards rolltop cover and
some sort of tailgate lock (who makes the best tail gate locks?)

Thats all the questions I have for now... thanks in advance. Hopefuly I
will have pictures of my dakota soon and I will post them for everyone to
see.

-Tom Dugan-
dugan@iland.net