Re: Cut out Cat

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 15:42:19 EST

> Well I cut out the cat in front of my muffler
> and now it sounds great!!
> and it definitely has more power
> does anyone know what the gain for HP would be ?
>

> Andy
> 00, CC, 4.7, 5spd, 3.92,exhaust, intake, trac bars, -1 cat,
> etc....

Sorry, but I dont see any positive outcomes here......I did a research paper
and found various info saying stock cats will only rob about 10hp on a 400hp
engine. But hey, do as you will, I just engine the outdoors tooo much to
care about cutting my cat off and trying to outsmart the EPA concerning
emissions.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6