Re: New exhaust installation!!

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 01:13:58 EST

> DML'ers,
> I just bought the MP P5249454 Dakota cat-back exhaust kit. What shoulf I
> watch for in its installation? I am not sure where I can get a sawzall,
but
> I have all the rest of the tools. How long should I expect this to take?
> rent a lift by the hour, and it can add up quick. Anything I should know
> before I undertake this project? It's
> my first installation of this sort. I will try to get a buddy to help.

Personally I prefer a cutoff wheel in a grinder, but the sawzall works just
as well.. a big pipe cutter gives a much cleaner cut... on a lift, I'd
allow about 1.5-2 hrs if you've never done it before. I think I got mine on
in 3 hrs laying on reaaaaaly hot asphalt and taking my sweet time.

-Jon Smith