Dakota 5 spd vs Auto for towning.

From: Stephen Dampier (guldam@sirius.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 17:27:55 EST

Thanks for all the feed back on 2000 Dakota and Consumer Reports
reviews...

I'm still nervous about the Auto tranny in the 4.7liter/auto combo. Looks
like an awful lot of you folks have manual five speeds in your Dakotas.
Any of you'all towing boats/trailers with a 5spd manual? Any thoughts
about manual trannys for towing vs Autos?

One of my friends says no way should I get a truck with a manual tranny
if you're gonna tow a boat. Another says he prefers a manual tranny for
towing.

SteveOH