RE: Dakota 5 spd vs Auto for towning.

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 22:07:53 EST

I personally don't understand why anyone would say get a slushbox
(automatic) for towing. I definitely prefer a manual. I tow a 16.5 foot 4
Winns (occasionally), and 2000 pounds of snowmobiles regularly. I've never
had a slushbox in a truck, and I don't want one.

The manual will give you more control, less headaches. Clutches are a
metric sh*tload cheaper than a rebuild on an auto.

Just my $.02

-Curt