Civic versus Dak

From: Steve St.Laurent (saint1958@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 09:20:40 EST

Dakota blows of Civic SI.

Driving down Oceanside Bldg, a Honda SI was gunning it through traffic until
we got to the next light. All Right! I shouted. Tap the OD off and no
stall, waited until the light turned green. Off the line and gone by three
car lengths but something seemed strange when the little white Civic seemed
slowly catching me at 80-85MPH. Hmm! Wonder if that car had a Turbo or NOS
kit. Anyway, he shut down around 90MPH at four car lengths (I had to bury
the pedal to the floor then). We hit another light and he off again and now
hitting 90-95MPH and what do I see in the mirror, a sheet tumbling around
the back bed (no top for the bed). I had to slow down and had the passenger
jump over the front seat and through the slider grab the full-size sheet.
Well, he pass me then because I didn't want to loose the sheet in mid
traffic and cause an accident. Now I am thinking, he is now going to brag
to his friends that he had beaten a Dak truck. Damn the sheet!
Apparrently, my better half used the truck earlier to move some stuff and
left it laying in the bed. Until next time-White Civic versus the awesome\]

Steve St.Laurent
2000 DC Dakota 4.7, CC, 4x2 (soon 330HP)
2000 Roush Mustang Stage II (awaiting the new SC)
"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Franklin
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/4382/index.html