Re: Civic versus Dak

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 14:21:32 EST

In a message dated 3/18/00 2:12:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kwjohn@mindspring.com writes:

> Some of the streetable Civic turbos I've seen are pushing around
> 10-12psi and turning repeatable 250HP pulls on a dyno (when the VTEC
> kicks in). He probably didn't have a turbo, or at least not a very big
> one. I wish Chrysler made a block/crank that was proportionately as
> strong as the Honda blocks. I still think a Turbo Dak would be a killer
> combo (good off-the-line torque, lotsa boost for the higher rev's).
People have been putting 16 lbs + on 2.2's for years. The turbo II block hold
up very well under high boost. Many folks on the FWD lists I subscribe to are
putting out 300HP. I also think a turbo'd dak would be killer though. But I
have my turbo thrills in the FWD form.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2
'92 Daytona IROC R/T Finally!
'86 Daytona Turbo Z CS "Free 2 Good Home"