Re: New Elitist Snob

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 20:18:00 EST

"Preacher" <preacher@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
>Well... I did it. Did the paperwork and will pick up the new R/T as soon as
>the insurance settlement is complete (hopefully Monday) They are bringing it
>down from another dealership and guaranteed that it would be ready by 4pm
>Monday.

Congratulations, and welcome to the R/T club! As an elitist snob, you
will be expected to report to the R/T list, www.dakotart.com, within
the next 48 hours. Failure to do so will result in several slaps to
the face with a white glove at the next meet. <grin>

>It's a 2000 CC R/T, White with every option except the tow package and the
>leather seats. Got a good deal from the sales manager (who remembers me from

You can get leather seats now? I didn't know that.

>Anyone have problems with the 6 way electric seats? I am thinking that they
>may have to go... they seem to sit a bit higher than the manual seats I am
>used to... as at a hair over 6", the roof is already a tad close....

I have the electric seat and love it. I'm only 5'10" though.

>The only thing I didn't get that I wanted was the 5x7 mirrors. I likethe
>look better than the big ones.

Hmmph! <turning up nose and turning away>

>On the plus side, they gave me a 2000 White CC V6 loaner to drive until I
>oick up the R/T :-) No more chebby rent-a-wreck!

LOL! Cool! Just be careful with the gas pedal when you switch from
the loaner to your R/T. :-D

>I went back and stripped off the nerf bars, the tool box and the odds and
>ends that were salvageable.

<in snob voice and look of horror> Dear god, I *do* hope you're not
planning on putting a *tool box* on your new R/T?

>Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts everyone....

You're welcome, and seriously, I look forward to seeing your new truck
at the next meet! :-)

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.896 @ 91.11mph