Re: Re: Was: New to List/Dakota rec. Now: Speed limiter

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 00:12:14 EST

All of this is true, and I never drive fast in residential areas
(kids and pets have a nasty habit of cropping up in unexpected
places), but there are places out in the boonies where there is NO
traffic, the land is flat, you can see for miles, and there is really
no reason to drive slow there. Even if somebodys cow decided to
wander into the road, you would see it in plenty of time.
Personally, it's just the IDEA of the speed limiter that I don't like-
 though I don't know that the 6er can go more than 115 anyway. I've
only had it to 112, and she was huffin'; though she WAS completely
unmodded, and that was in Montana, so high altitude. (and if I
hadn't of run out of straight road....)
Flip

---- Begin Original Message ----

Yeah that's the key...  If people want to risk their own life that's
their
thing as far as I'm concerned.  What ticks me are the morons that
don't
excercise an ounce of common sense by blasting through residential
neighborhood or in high traffic areas/conditions.

>But that's just my opinion, i could be wrong,

Nah, you're not wrong...  Everything in moderation and everything in
the
right time and place are what it's all about.  My trucks a pig
compared to
my bike but if folks have set their truck up to really blast around I
say
more power too 'em!  Just keep your head screwed on tight and don't
mush
other peoples mellow when ya' do!  ;-)

--Tom
'98 Kota 4x4 w/lots-o-goodies!