Re: enough with the rice!!!!!!!!!

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 21:15:30 EST

In a message dated 03/19/2000 5:38:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Blinkslowly@aol.com writes:

<< You max out your honda I'll max out my 318 we'll see who is faster and
who's
 parts last longer and don't break. And at the same time I'll support my
 economy in the nation that I was born in.
 Rob >>

i don't have a honda rob. my roommate does. i've got dakota. we race all
the time and he kicks my butt. his car has never had anything break on it.
they've put a new rearend and replaced all the ujoints and cv's in the front
end of my 4x4. the only engine mod on my 318 is a k&n fipk and i got that
after the new rear end. his prelude stock does 144mph. how fast is your
truck? i know mine won't even come close to 144mph.
don't get me wrong i always buy american even though i'm canadian because
that's how my dad raised me. but both new vehicles i've bought have had
problems with the running gear from the factory. and they are both made in
the USA. i've got friends driving hondas who's cars have never seen a shop
for anything more than an oil change.
so go ahead and support the nation you were born in, and i'll support the
nation you were born in as well. but keep your eyes open because the
japanese are building them better and better with everyone they put out,
spending millions on R&D and we keep getting a new skin thrown on to an old
frame and millions of dollars in advertisement.
i truly hope that this trend changes because i don't want to buy a Japanese
vehicle, they are to god damn small for me to fit in comfortably and they all
look the same to me. but...

derek
proud owner of a 98 dakota sport+ club cab 4x4 with the 318 and a 5 speed
decked out in the absence of colour known as black