Loud engine on initial start

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 23:07:06 EST

Does anyone else experience this: I've got a 2000 CC with the
3.9L. Occasionally when I start up in the morning, the engine runs really
loud and I don't have any acceleration. The rpms are as normal
though. After about a minute everything is back to normal. The guys at
the Dodge garage said it's probably just the fan clutch kicking
on. However, I've noticed no real correlation between the outside temp,
engine temp, and this occurence. Also, if it were the fan, and it kicked
on while driving, I would notice it, since it seriously bogs down the
V6. Do you guys get the same thing? Any thoughts? I figured I'd get a
straight answer from you guys, since I wouldn't be asking you to do
warranty work for me...

Korey Atterberry

2000 Sport+ CC, 3.9L, linex, Sportmasters hinged soft tonneau