Re: Close Call!

From: Jeff Schultz (chill@en.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 20:46:41 EST

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 QuadCabDakota@aol.com wrote:

> I know what you mean...
>
> Last night at around eleven, some woman in a silver firebird was next to me
> at a light. The light changed and we both started going. For some reason, she
> started driving into my lane, aiming at my front left fender. She noticed and
> quickly jerked away before I had a chance to lay on the horn. She didn't seem
> drunk, she was driving straight down the road after that. I sped past her to
> get out of her way.
>
> I have no idea why she did it.

        Back when I had my old monte carlo, I was driving down the street
in the left lane, miding my own business. There was a woman in a firebird
about 50 feet ahead of me in the right lane. SHe suddenyl decides she
wanted to make a left into the bar from the right lane. I see her doing
this, and I swerve to avoid her. She realizes what happens, and at the
last moment aborts her turn. I ended up going up on someone's front grass
who happened to be sitting in front of their house. We called the police
on her, they went in the bar brought her out and cited her as if it where
an accident since there was property damage to guys front yard.

        The funny thing was she was trashed as can be, but since the
officer didnt see her driving drunk, he couldnt cite her on that. Also she
could have claimed she just got drunk in the bar. The whole time we were
there she kept insisting that it was my fault somehow.. Very strange
evening indeed!

-Jeff