Re: Car Audio Ponderings

From: Tom Carey (bljack@fgi.net)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 04:24:10 EST

Kyle,

I highly suggest you look at higher end pioneer head units if they are in your
budget and you wish to stick with that brand. I myself suggest people look at
Kenwood RockfordFosgate and Alpine for head units. For speakers if you decide
to swap those out the best bang for the buck may be speakers from Polk audio.
For an amp look at models from Sony, Alpine and Rockford Fosgate. These of
course are not the only quality brands on the market but I feel they offer a lot
of value for the dollar. Use good wire of course but I would not get to carried
away with monster size wires and cables. There are ubb forums that specialize
in car audio and I suggest doing a search for those and asking from input from
the hard core types. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Regards,

Tom Carey