Re: Car Audio Ponderings

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 07:50:51 EST

Polk audio stuff is kinda expensive. I think an infinity kappa set would
sound equally as good, and not cost as much as a polk DB or DX (whatever they
have out now)

As for pricing on audio stuff.. If you'd like to see what I can price things
at, just give me a quick e-mail with some model numbers. I can get some
pretty good prices on car audio stuff.

If you'd like some hardcore audio questions answered. Try:
www.pacific-audio.com/discussion.html it's a free posting forum and people
on there are pretty knowledgable.
-Dester

<< Kyle,

 I highly suggest you look at higher end pioneer head units if they are in
your
 budget and you wish to stick with that brand. I myself suggest people look
at
 Kenwood RockfordFosgate and Alpine for head units. For speakers if you
decide
 to swap those out the best bang for the buck may be speakers from Polk audio.
 For an amp look at models from Sony, Alpine and Rockford Fosgate. These of
 course are not the only quality brands on the market but I feel they offer a
lot
 of value for the dollar. Use good wire of course but I would not get to
carried
 away with monster size wires and cables. There are ubb forums that
specialize
 in car audio and I suggest doing a search for those and asking from input
from
 the hard core types. If you have any questions feel free to email me.