Re: High idle

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 12:11:59 EST

bob wrote:

> Anyone ever have a problem with there idle stay up high? 2500-3000 rpm?
> It happened twice to me tonight while in park.....hit the pedal and it
> went up to 2500-3000 and hung there. The last time that happened was
> after I put my TB on.
> Any Ideas?
> Thanks,
> Bob

My F&B t/b has been hanging open a little lately.
It happened on the hwy last weekend.
After a pass, I lifted off the pedal, but the truck kept pulling like it
was on cruise control. I blipped the throttle and it didn't come back
down.I pulled over and popped the hood. I had to manually push the
throttle back down.
It didn't happen again......yet.
I figure I'll have to take it off and clean/oil it.

Alan S.