Re: Adding cruise control.

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 21:46:20 EST

I can give you all the info you want. If you are not afraid to do mods to your
truck then this will be easy if you do not like messing with the electronics and
especially the thought of the airbag then have the dealer or someone qualified to
do it. I only make thei remark since there are people like this but to tell the
truth if you are not botheres by changing out a throttle body then you can do it.

First off. You can order the cruise control as a kit directly from a dodge dealers
parts dept. This is not an aftermarket kit but the one made for and included as an
option. If you need the part # let me know and I will find it on my peg board
above my desk at work.

Second. You do have to remove the airbag and the steering wheel. To be safe you
just have to be sure to disconnect the battery for fifteen minutes. I did mine for
thirty and turned the ignition to on with the key just to make sure all of the
juice is out of the system.

Third. There is one part that they tell you to replace but trust me that would
require the removal of the entire pedal assembly and dropping the steering cloumn
down. The best part of the install is that the truck is completely wired for it.
You just have to run a couple of short wires and plug them into the existing
harness.

My kit was a little over $200 bucks from koller dodge shipped. They had to order
it in before they could ship it. Even with the shipping it was still better than
the prices I was getting locally.

If you get the kit email me and I will give you all of the info that I know of to
do it. You need some small deep well sockets, phillips, and a steering wheel
puller. Let me know if you need the help or anyone else for that matter.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport-318