R/T wheels-warning!

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 22:28:35 EST

"> Ok Randall

> > > here's the deal ( I mean deal!!)
> > >
> > > silver wheels $ 782 set including caps if you want
ram head logo on
the
> > > caps $10 set
> > > polished cost $989 set including chrome caps ram
head logo $10 set
and
> > > chrome check this out $1179 set including chrome
caps ram head
logo"
-----------------------
-I am intrigued by this whole pricing structure. Norman asked me if I
was interested in the wheels and we e-mailed about the pricing for me to
sell them through Firestone. So I figured I could buy them at wholesale
distributor price, and sell them to the DML for jobber (usually a 10%
markup, and everybody wins) Norman offered a 23% discount to me, and
possibly more based on the volume that I sold. Here's the RETAIL
pricing that he gave me, and what this discount was deducted from:

"> > Hello Patrick

> > they are finally coming in 2 weeks would you want
chrome or in silver or
> > polished
> >
> > retail we are selling them for $900 silver $1100 and
chrome for $1300
set
> > how many you want to order would depend on how deep
of discount you
get. we
> > could start out with 23% off more if you order
quantity also we are
> > manufacturing the cobra RT wheels and corvette zr1 any
interest there
could"

  Now, he says that he never offered me this pricing, and says :

" I will put the pencil to the paper
and try to figure a
price that works for both you and I .at them moment I
really do not know
where the 23% came from (must be those computer hackers
!@!) sorry for the
confusion but that discount does not work for me ."

  I'm leery of anyone that offers something, then renigs on a price
quoted. If I wasn't the nice guy I think I am, I would call the FTC and
sue him and make him sell me all his stock for the price he quoted me.
I hope anyone that buys these wheels is happy with them, and finds that
they are of a good quality. I'd hate to hear someone's getting shafted
the way I feel I did. Let me know if I'm way out of line on this.

--
Patrick J. Engram

'99 Dodge Dakota R/T shetland@erols.com Firestone Tire and Service Centers New Web Page! http://users.erols.com/shetland/index/index.html