Re: DML Digest V4 #1758

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 20:48:10 EST

Scott,
    I don't entirely agree with you. The mounts on my 88 V6 4x4 are in the
middle, not on the front. The engine mounts on a Dakota consist of four
parts. A left and right bracket and a left and right insulator The
insulators are attached to the frame and also hold the front axle housing in
place. The brackets are bolted directly to the block and thru the rubber
bushings in the insulators. The right bracket also bolts to the front of
the transmission housing. Looking at the part numbers in a copy of "Motor
Crash Estimating Guide" that I have (a book that most body shops use to
estimate jobs)

Engine 6 Cylinder 4WD
     Right Bracket 87-96 Part #4412102
     Left Bracket 87-96 Part #4348555
     Right Insulator 87-90 Part #4412104
                     91-96 Part #52017548
     Left Insulator 87-90 Part #4348557
                     91-96 Part #52017549

Engine 8 Cylinder 4WD
     Right Bracket 87-96 Part #4412102
     Left Bracket 87-96 Part #4348555
     Right Insulator 91-96 Part #52004286
     Left Insulator 91-96 Part #52004287

The brackets which are bolted to the block fit both the V6 and V8, and are
used 87-96. The magnums came out in 92 and since the right bracket also
bolts to the tranny, it looks like it bolts to the same location on the
block. Now this is comparing V6 and V8 mounts on 87-96 4x4 applications.
Two wheel drives do use different mounts but the block configuration would
be the same. I'll have to do a little more digging and post the part
numbers for the 2WD mounts.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM