Re: Re: [dakotart] Re: T-Stat DONE!... One final question

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 21:20:24 EST

FalRan66@aol.com wrote:

> Acording to mopar mag the thermostat is a power giver, magnum engines gives
> more hp at 180 degrees. and ya the 180 does aid against pinging
>
> Joe

On the other hand, since it doesn't allow the engine to reach a temperature
that can burn off carbon deposits - they just build up and eventually increase
your compression ratio and then you ping worse. Also it is not recommended
because you might not pass emissions with it.

I have 180s in both my trucks because of the Mopar Muscle article that states
that the most power comes when the engine is at 182 degrees. Now I'm beginning
to wonder which is best. Anyone know the details of why 182 degrees makes more
power than say 195 degrees?

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"