Re: Website Re-Design

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 21:15:22 EST

Preacher wrote:

> From: Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com>
> > That may be true BUT:
> >
> > People write software.
> > People sell software.
> > people buy software.
> > People use software.
> >
> > The fact that *people* have accepted that which MS has done to them,
> > their businesses, and their wallets, grinning all the while and saying
> > "thank you sir may I have another", is a social trend.
>
> Look... Microsoft, no matter how folks hate it, is the American dream come
> true. You may not like the way the do business. 50 years agao people were
> screaming about Hearst, before that about the railroad barons.

American dream come true - boy you are lost. Obviously you have never used a
REAL operating system. ...may not like the way they do business? Niether
does the Justice Dept. - where have you been in the last year? Do you even
watch the news? Some people didn't even accept Gates stuff back when he was
selling his wares out of the back of a pickup truck - Sheesh.

> The fact of the matter is that Gates, prick though he may be, had the best
> damn business mind around, used it correctly and squashed the competition.
> If THAT isn't American, nothing is.

Of course - the way he did it was against the law. So says the Justice Dept.
How american is that? Do you like criminals?

> The problem here is NOT Gates. It's the whining "He has it and it's not
> fair" people.

Some of us just laugh as you guys resort to rebooting your machines several
times a day and get upset when your web pages don't work properly. Wake up
dude.

Latr,

Shane

ps - This needs to stop unless you have some truck content. Heres some for ya
- how many truck computers out there that you know of run on Windows? Can you
imagine say on the way to work or maybe during a dragrace - having to pull
over and reboot your trucks computer? Or maybe explain to someone that your
truck can only race other Daks because it is not compatible with other brands?

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"