Re: Bike Racks/Carrying Techniques

From: Erwin Mendoza (dakota99slt@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 21:44:03 EST

Kyle, there is a company out there that makes a bar (spring loaded?
Hydraulic?) like a load stabilizer but with bike fork attachements
specifically for a truck bed. If I can find it I'll send you the link.

> > Man, you care a lot more than me Kyle! I just throw mine (Trek 730)
> > back there and let it lay.
> > If your bike can't stand a little knocking around, how you supposed
> > to ride it? ;)
> > Flip
>
> I could care less about my ole beat up Specialized, only worth $500
> new.....about 5 years ago. It is my brother with his Specialized FSR
> Pro(full suspension worth about $1500) and my dad with his Trek
Y-Glide(full
> suspension also) worth about the same. I would take care of my bike also
if
> it was worth that much, why bang something up if it doesnt need to be?
> Thanks for the input though!
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Its nice to see there are other moutain bikers here on the list. For now I
just toss my '98 Cannondale SuperV Raven 4000 into the bed of my Dak. If you
want a nice biker hauler, all you need to do is get a piece of pressure
treated 2X4, fit it into the front of the bed, purchase 2 "bike tights" bolt
them into the wood and you have yourself a nice bike rack. The hydraulic
cargo bar that can become a bike rack is nice too, but for just the bar its
$70 and then you need to purchase the hold downs seperately. Hope to see
more Daks at the bike trail parking lots!!! :o) Maybe if there's any NJ
members who mountain bike, you can usually find me at Chimney Rock Park in
Martinsville, NJ on almost any given Sunday morning. I do need a new partner
since my regular partner went for knee surgery *ouch*

Erwin Mendoza
'99 SLT CC 4X4 V-6
Edison, New Jersey
mailto:dakota99slt@hotmail.com