PowerTrax No-Slip and Off-Road

From: David's Dakota (dakota@ivyleague.net)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 08:47:24 EST

Thought you guys/gals with No-Slips who have not been off-road
yet might want to here this...so.

Last weekend my wife and I went out and played on the mountain
with a couple of Jeeps.

There are two spots where we go that are long, nasty, muddy and
wind around some trees. My Dak with the No-Slip in went through
both with absolutely no problem at all...in the one spot both
Jeeps got stuck and I had to back up and pull them the rest of
the way through...in the other spot the one Jeep that was dumb
enough to try it did not get far before needing assistance.

Both Jeeps were basically stock with open diffs...one has 235
tires and one had 30" tires. They would only get so far into the
muck before just sitting there spinning two tires ( one front and
one back ).

I am just about done with a project Jeep I have and it has 3"
lift, 31x10.5 tires ( the old ones off my truck ) and before I
take it out on the trail it will have a No-Slip in it.

Yeah, it clicks when turning tightly on pavement. Yeah, you can
feel the "clunk" when going slowly through traffic and putting
gas on and off. Yeah, it has it idiosyncrasies...but DAMN it
works great off-road.

Just thought you might like to know.

We forgot the camera...I of course blame my wife for such a
dastardly deed...so no pics. But we will go out more and will
try to remember the camera.

David Martin
98 SC 5.2l 4x4

My trucks email: