Re: ordering Dakota QC

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 12:35:42 EST

>1. what if anything pos. neg about v-6 engines

Personally I’d go for the 4.7 over the V-6, Not too much more in intitial
cost and the added power is well worth it.

>2. what are others getting mpg with these engines vs. the new 4.7

I don’t know what sixers get, but my 4.7 averages 17/18 MPG on the highway
(I’ve had peak averages around 22, right wind conditions etc…) and about
15/16 in the city.

>4. break-in recommendations

Oil change at 500, 1000, and 3000 miles and every 3000 after that. No
hard acceleration in the first 1000 or so, no WOT, basically take it easy.
 I never took mine about 2500 RPM until I hit 1000 miles.

>6. how are the radio's w/CD in them I had a 97 Dak and had to have
>dealer replace it 7 times. finally got a good one and took it with me
>into the Ram I purchased.

Haven’t had any problems with mine in 6 months. Actually quite impressed
with it! (the infinity sound)

thanks,
Tom

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
Forest Green 00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"