RE: Re: Re: Re: Twin Turbo Group Buy?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 22:22:11 EST

All depends on how you set it up.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of frank golembieski
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2000 9:07 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: Re: Re: Re: Twin Turbo Group Buy?

whaaaat you think a supercharger makes more power than
a turbo ...( smoke is taking it's toll ) now back to
reality the cost of a turbo kit if there was one would
be half of a superchargers and you would never be
sitting on the side of the road with a broken belt .
also what is the max boost you could get out of a
supercharger 5...9...15 and really be pushing it i had
a ford turbo coupe and i belive that the waste gate
starts opening at 17psi and that is a stock motor with
factory settings so with a street/strip set up you
could get away with 20 easy ...... ok lets see a
paxton of a vortec do that ....... and if you want to
get tech and all that supercharger is also robbing at
least 5hp just from running off a pully ... where a
turbo uses that exaust that you normally just blow out
the tailpipe to spinn the compressor this = no hp loss

Frank
94 3.9 sport