Washing/Waxing black dak. Adivce Needed

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 22:47:59 EST

First off, sorry for all the posts I'vew been making lately. I just want to
learn from a wonderful bunch of folks like yourselves :). I'm sick and
tired of paying somebody to detail my car, who could also be screwing it
up. What is the best way to wash, polish, wax your car. I like the meguiars
stuff personally, and will probably use that. What's the best towels to
use. I DO NOT want to create scratches/swirls in it, keep in mind. What's
the bets thing to use for the polishing/waxing. I'd prefer to do it all by
hand, but guess I could use an orbital buffer if I knew how, but I don't
want to start going through clearcoats/etc. All advice is recommended and
appreciated

william