Re: Now Msd Ignition : was accel coil help.

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 00:33:12 EST

> Thanx Kyle. Just gotta wait for it to come in. How much does an Msd box
> cost? That is probably next.
> Mark
> 91 cc 5spd 6er Dynomax catback 14x3 K&N Ported TB
> Bucket seats

I paid $200 for my MSD #6470 Box. This is the waterproof and vibration proof
model, comes with rubber anti-vibration mounts too. Also, I would HIGHLY
recommend buying the MSD 8873 Universal Wiring Kit for like $15-$20. This
way, I can simply unplug the MSD box and run my Dak off of the stock
ignition system, incase the MSD box croaks......otherwise I could be screwed
and end up having my Dak towed if the box dies. It would only take about 10
seconds to unplug the MSD box and another connector and plug it back into
the Accel Coil. By the way, all of the connectors are watertight with the
MSD Box as well as with the Universal Wiring Harness. If you want, Ebay
tends to have alot of MSD units if you want to go the used route and try to
save some cash. Good Luck,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6