Re: intake hiss

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 12:48:59 EST

Hello Sandman,
it sounds like your not exhaling quick enough. On most of the trucks I have
worked on.......there is a noticeable hiss when more air is being taken in than
can be moved by the motor. On my truck.......I had gotten rid of most of the
hiss......there will always be a slight hiss, but then we did the head and
modified intake plenum.......the hiss got louder. I think its time I go up to
3" exhaust.
I think a good place to start would be to get a new muffler instead of the glass
pack. Also check your cat.....but I doubt that its bad.
And about that intake........take it out of the cannister.....let that filter
breathe.
there isnt really anything that could be bad with the TB, maybe check the idle
motor....the sensor on the rear. take it out, and wipe it down with some paint
thinner, the dealer would charge about $300 to do that.