Re: More MPI install tips

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 15:54:50 EST

Hi, Shane.

Thanks for the tips. I do have a couple of questions.

At 12:06 PM 3/29/00 -0600, you wrote:
> <snip>
>First off - about the clearance grinding - the reason grinding is
>necessary is because the housings that everyone has been using extends
>straight up giving the top radiator hose a place to attach. When I did
>my install - after noticing that a Chevy thermostat housing was not only
>cheaper but also better made (thicker) and had a built-in O-ring - I
>used it instead. It worked perfectly without even having to use a
>gasket. <snip>

Is the Chevy housing specific to any year or model? Any part no.?
Do you happen to know if there are any differences in the layouts
in your Indy Ram and the Dakotas? Correct me if I'm wrong ...
the grinding of the a/c is avoided by using the Chevy housing?

Thanks again.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.