MSD Ignition Died,;anyone else have this problem?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 23:10:10 EST

Well when I went out to start my Dak after a class I had tonight, all it
wanted to do was crank and crank and crank. I thought to myself great there
goes another fuel pump. Luckily, when I installed my MSD Ingition, I also
used the Universal Wiring Harness, which allows me to simply unplug the MSD
unit and return to my 'stock' system....or what is left of it anyways. So I
unpulg the MSD and plug back in the stock system, and the Dak fires right
up, no problems. I am going to call MSD tomorrow, to see if there is
anything I can check/do before I have to gut it out of my truck and send it
in for repairs. It is under warranty still, as I bought it 9 months ago and
MSD warranties it for 1 year, thank goodness. Has anyone had a problem like
this? Is there an internal fuse I can check or anything I can try to look
at/look for before gutting the system out of my truck? What is the turn
around time once MSD has it? Thanks!
Hope this just teaches you all out there to be sure to install the 8873
Universal Wiring Harness, otherwise you will be stranded just like I would
have been.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6