Re: AWEFUL GAS MILEAGE with 4.7!!!!!

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 10:12:23 EST

I have an overhead console but no 'pooter in it. So I divide my miles driven
by gallons used at fill-up. I don't have alot of major hills to climb or
anything, so if you live in a 'hilly' part of the country that could be a
factor, but I wouldn't think it to be that much of a factor. Now I also use
city mileage maybe loosely, I live in Phoenix, but I don't end up in any
traffic like you'ld find in downtown New York. I don't do alot of sitting in
stop and go traffic, but I do hit alot of taffic lights on a regular basis.
I'm not surprised the dealer gave you the shrug, They hear that kindof stuff
often. But I'd keep after them and mention what you've heard on the list here.
Even with a Quad Cab 4x2 I'd think you should at least be doing as good as a
Club Cab 4X4 !!