Re: MSD Ignition upgrades

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 15:08:26 EST

Yup..."Warranty USA".

I dropped them immediately when they wouldn't honor a warranty job because I
didn't have my oil changed by a licensed shop...and documented. (They
stated that Jiffy Lube was fine.)

Even the service manager from the original Dodge dealer, where I had
purchased the truck (Stevens Creek Dodge - San Jose, CA), told me that a MSD
or "Chip" doesn't constitute a warranty void since they can be disabled by
the technicians and most of the tech run this type of bolt-on anyway. I
did, however, have a slight problem with Maxwell Dodge when they changed out
my transmission...they claimed that the lift could have caused it...and I
asked them to check the pinion angle. (Perfectly within factory specs so
there goes their theory...warranty work done an no charges.) It all depends
on how you present yourself and what type proof you have. They can argue,
but a simple phone call to the BAR resolves most issues anyway.

- Bernd