Deep Stage Redefined!!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 16:38:17 EST

Well ... quite an opening day for me at Cayuga.

Staging is where your front tires trips the top two amber lights
(stage and pre-stage) on the tree. Deep staging is where you
roll your front tires out far enough that the top amber goes
out. A legal technique as long as you write 'Deep' on your
windows.

Deep staging generally gives you better reaction times but
slower elapsed times. FWD cars use this technique a lot
because of traction problems right off the line, and so do really
elderly drivers.

Today, I redefined the definition of deep staging by doing it with
the rear tires!!! When I need an advantage, I need an advantage.

There was something else redder than my FR Dakota with fellow-DMLers
Jon Steiger (and his friend Ed), Jason & Norah Bleazard. Fortunately,
I don't think Bill Tier, Eddie & Lisa Estoppey, Dave Waco and Lynn Pedersen
saw it!

Will post later on when I can bring myself to look at the timeslips again.

"Deep Stage" Bob.

P.S. Don't anyone think about getting into the other 'Deep' area!