Cayuga Report (relunctantly)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 10:46:28 EDT

First run:
  Got to see Dave/Lynn black beauty from the a different angle.
  I've seen his front plently of times when parked ... got to
  see his rear all the way down the track from the 60' mark on.
     Dave/Lynn 15.1x Bob 15.8x Ticats 100

Second run:
  Moved to the left lane in front of the grandstands and did
  my version of the 'deep stage'. Flagman wasn't impressed.
  Must have had the guy in the other lane laughing so hard
  that his reaction time was a 0.964
      Unknown 16.3x Bob 15.8x Ticats 100

  Fellow at the timeslip booth was nice about it. Just
  said, "Back for another year?".

Third run:
  Time to get serious. Swapped in the '96 MP PCM for the
  custom programmed computer.
    Honda SiR 15.9x Bob 15.2x Ticats 100

Did some analyzing with the scanner as I had recorded runs 2 and 3
(forgot to push the Record button on the first run). The custom
computer showed an advance of 32 degrees at the staging line.
Off the line and all the way down the track, advance dropped
to 16-19 degrees and never came back up. Explains why I did
not feel any pull.

'96 MP computer showed 31 advance at the line and between
25-31 down the track.

Makes sense since the custom computer is programmed for N2O
and blower on a 360 ... retards timing to prevent detonation.
Oh, well ... back to the drawing boards.

Saw and heard Bill Tier's red beauty go down the track (14.4x)
and no juice. Imagine what you would have done with less gas
in the tank and no tools in the bed! Thank you, Bill. Want to
trade yours for mine and some cash??? Want to trade your speed
secrets for cash??? Want to lease your truck to me for the
summer (I promise to take really good care of it)???

Saw Ed and his trophy winning intensely blue 6 set pb by 3/10s!
Sure I don't deserve a little more for those drag radials?

Thanks to Jon, Eddie, Jason & Norah for not getting on me for
my 'deep stage' technique.

Grrreat fun!!!

BTW, made it home in time for my better half's belated, combined
birthday and wedding anniversary party.

Bob