Re: Anyone have a pat # for intake manifold?

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 20:30:58 EDT

Jon Steiger wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Hausheer, Geoffrey wrote:
>
> > After talking to Ted O. (Thanks!) sounds like I should be thinking about a
> > new intake manifold for my Dak. I checked out mopar performance, and they
> > have what looks like 4 or so Manifolds that would go on my truck (and at
> > least two are labeled as 'm1' with prices ranging from $230 to $1000)
> > Anyone have a part number (or price) for a single-plane Mopar Performance
> > manifold that will bolt on to my '98 318?
>
> The only intake that will bolt on to our daks is the single plane
> "MPI" manifold. The part number is P5249816. In actuality, you will

Actually - I know of at least 3 more in addition to P5249816 - they are:

P5249500 - Dual Plane - Just like the MPI but without the injector bosses
machined. This is the same intake that comes on the 300hp Magnum crate motor.
P5249501 - Single Plane - Just like the MPI but without the injector bosses
machined. This is the same intake that comes on the 380hp Magnum crate motor.
P4876615 - This is also referred to as an MPI but for Passenger Cars. It
supposedly mounts the throttle linkage on the Left/Drivers side.

So there you go - they all will fit because they are designed for the magnum
heads with the verticle mounting holes as opposed to the 6 or 8 degree LA ones.

I wonder what the '500 part would do as a substitute for the '816 that everyone
is using? Of course you would still need the TB adapter.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"