Re: Info on turning part of my truck bed into an extended cab

From: Clay Cooke (cooke@ecn.purdue.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 23:19:47 EDT

Many people I know of have done something very similar. They cut out a
section of the back of the cab just under the rear window and then do the
same in the bed. This is done for numerous reasons, most of which being
access to the bed and for stereo. Usually nothing is done to strengthen
the area, but if you wanted to the idea provided by Mike makes good sence.
Im a mechanical engineer too :) if that makes any difference!

Also, to connect the bed to the cab, usually a rubber seal called
"accourdian boot" is used. It presses over the fresh cut metal edge on
both the bed and the cab and provides a nice seal. Only problem is the
stuff is like 10 -> 13 bucks a foot! OUCH!

Clay

84 Dodge Ram, scrapin pavement w/ 440 8bbl
96 Indy Ram, scrapin EVERYTHING w/ 360 Magnum!' -(www.indyram.org)
69 Road Runner 440 6bbl, project car

http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~cooke