Re: Info on turning part of my truck bed into an extended cab

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 03:33:02 EDT

Yep. I had 11 feet that I needed for my install and it ran to about 94 bucks
with tax. Very expensive stuff. IF you do this. remember to seal the
connecting part from the boot the the metal with a weatherstripping RTV or
some sort... (as in weatherstripping sealer or something. I kinda skipped
that part on my truck and regret it because I'm gonna HAVE to go back and put
it on there...
-Dester

<< Also, to connect the bed to the cab, usually a rubber seal called
 "accourdian boot" is used. It presses over the fresh cut metal edge on
 both the bed and the cab and provides a nice seal. Only problem is the
 stuff is like 10 -> 13 bucks a foot! OUCH! >>