Re: Re: Lower Gears and Highway Cruising

From: Shari & Marty (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 00:47:23 EDT

Shane ole buddy, you are reading Greg Rager's articles too much, he and I
have been round and round concerning this. He tells me my cam peters out at
5200 rpm and my valvetrain can't handle the stress. He's wrong, I shifted
everywhere for the best times and found 6000 rpm with my stock lifters and
valvesprings, and that's when I challenged him to race me in a mag shootout
against 1BADDAK years ago. Next month he put the Vortech on it. Wus. I hope
he's reading this now, you still wanna piece a' me? A roller cams falloff
rate is much less noticable than a hydraulic cam, affording me the extra
rpm. I will upgrade to R/T springs and roller rockers when I get it back,
for gaining extra rpm.
Kuk

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World