Re: Overdrive whine

From: Stephen Hopkins (buggin67@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 09:58:39 EDT

Brett,
i have a 97 4x4 cc 318, I had the same problem took it to the dealer when it
was under warranty and they told me it was tire noise... So i drove it about
another 30,000 and took it in. At this time it was out of warranty.. They
told me that they would have to replace a carrier bearing in the rear end.
They ended up replacing all the bearings in the rear about 700 dollars worth
of parts & labor.
But, thats not the sad part. Shortly there after, about 3,000 miles the
bearings they put in blew up. Idiot did'nt set up the rear end right i
guess. Anyway after a month of bitch'n mopar honored the whole thing and
replaced everything in the rear end no charge...
>From the sound of your problem it's likley to be a carrier bearing on the
out put of the tranny or the one on the read end...

Steve..