Overdrive whine

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 23:54:19 EDT

Hey folks,
cruising in sunny North central Texas today with the windows down for the
first time in a good while... my truck has a high pitched whine coming from
the rear of the vehicle. The noise starts at about 65 miles an hour, and
continues to about 70 mph. Hard to describe what it sounds like here, but
it kind of reminds me of a supercharger. Kick off the overdrive, and it
quits. I just thought it might be the tires singing, but it quits when I
let off the gas, plus the overdrive switch makes it stop.

I hate to take it to my local Dodge dealer since they always seem to want to
replace everything under the sun that could possibly be wrong with my
truck... spark plugs, air filter, oil, alignment, left nut, first born son,
etc. etc.

Has anyone else had this symptom????

Let me know by next week... I still have 15k on the warranty! (I drive a
lot)

Brett Forehand
'94 Dak Sport CC