RE: Re: RE: My Caroscope from cartalk.com (very hilarious and very long...sorry)

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 19:31:34 EDT

Comparing You to Other Dodge Dakota Owners
Boy oh boy, Greg, you picked a vehicle that just isn't quite right for you,
although you're reasonably compatible in terms of your age, your income, and
the extent to which you're a cheapskate.

When compared to other people who drive a Dodge Dakota, you just don't care
as much about your car as other Dodge Dakota owners, your educational level
is a bit lower than that of other Dodge Dakota owners, you're a little too
much of a risk-taker, you are a little too much of a snob, and you're a bit
too 'touchy-feely'

For your further edification, here's a little further elucidation on these
personality characteristics.

Other Dodge Dakota drivers care about their cars much more than you do. Now,
don't get me wrong; this is not necessarily a bad thing. If you don't care
enough, you don't care enough. Fine. FINE!

You certainly are a bit of a nut case, aren't you, when it comes to taking
chances (well, at least compared to other Dodge Dakota owners). Calm down.
CALM DOWN! It's not the end of the world, for heaven's sake. And nobody is
asking you to change anything about who you are. We'd never do that. Go
ahead. Jump off a cliff if that's what makes you happy. But, if this is
really what you are, you're gonna have to change vehicles.

Gee, this is interesting. Car-O-Scope has determined that you are a person
who is quite concerned with status. And yet, you're driving a Dodge Dakota.
Other Dodge Dakota drivers just aren't as much of a snob as you are. We're
going to have to do something about this, now aren't we?

Some of us have an overdeveloped left brain and some have an overdeveloped
right brain. And your strength is definitely on the right: the more
creative, touchy-feely side. This is not a bad thing. The world certainly
does need poets, musicians and people to work on the world psychic network.

But this characteristic does make you somewhat incompatible with your Dodge
Dakota. Other Dodge Dakota owners are more objective and logical. But you
are what you are, so take your pick: Change what you are or get a new car.
(That rhymes, doesn't it? And rhyming is a right-brain thing. Cool.)

Car-O-Scope Makes Suggestions for More Compatible Vehicles
Have no fear, Car-O-Scope is here to save you from a life of misery,
depression and hemorrhoidal flare-ups. Through a secret and proprietary
process (patent pending) the official car-o-scope has determined that your
psychographic and demographic profile is far more compatible with the
following vehicles: some of these suggestions might surprise you. But try to
keep an open mind. It's quite possible that the car-o-scope has discovered
some hidden and/or repressed aspects of your personality.

 1. Oldsmobile Cutlass
2. Hyundai Accent
3. Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
4. Chevrolet Malibu
5. Volkswagen Beetle

So, let's look at your compatibility profile vis-a-vis the Oldsmobile
Cutlass. If you dumped that Dodge Dakota and got yourself a Oldsmobile
Cutlass, you'd be a lot happier.

For example, you'd be almost perfectly compatible in terms of your gender,
your age, how much you really care about your car, the extent to which
you're a cheapskate, and your grasp of reality.

In addition, you'd have pretty good compatibility in terms of your
educational level and your tolerance for taking risks.

Here's a little info on these personality characteristics. Read 'em and
weep.

Auto involvement: how much you really care about your car

As you certainly know, some people don't care what they drive; a car is just
a way to get from here to there and back. (Unless you're driving a sled,
like Tommy. Every time he gets home, he throws his hands in the air and
yells, "I made it!" But I digress.)

For other people, a car is everything. You know the type; if you refer to
their "significant other," they say, "You mean my BMW?"

Your score for auto involvement is just about the same as other Oldsmobile
Cutlass drivers'.

Cheapness: your degree of--ahem--shall we say "frugality"?

Your score on the cheapness scale puts you pretty close to the average for
Oldsmobile Cutlass drivers. Of course, utter and complete cheapness can be
an asset (right!) People who believe this call it "frugality." But they're
really just hopeless cheapskates.

Like myself, though, some folks are quite magnanimous. The milk of human
kindness oozes from their pores. "Generous to a fault," one might say.
Mightn't one? (Of course, one might also say, "Too stupid to know any
better." Think whatever makes you feel good.)

Reality check:

You have a pretty good sense of what's real and what ain't. You aren't one
of those "head in the clouds" types--like some people I know. On the other
hand, there are worse places your head could be--I guess.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ
http://24.6.89.18/mydodge.htm