Re: another Dak struck (good reading)

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 19:32:47 EDT

Well, for them to want to leave the scene, and not get
insurance involved sounds a little fishy: Maybe the guy
doesn't have insurance (against the law here in
California), or maybe he's a Sex offender and hasn't
registered in that area (he he)... or maybe both of them
have warrants out for their arrest, and don't want to get
caught.

My wife's truck got hit at work, while she was parked (and
sitting in the truck), and the guy that backed into her
truck declined to get ANY info. He said it was her fault,
etc. etc. and left the scene. His big mistake (she got the
license, description of the vehicle, etc. etc.. ) Not only
that, but my wife's supervisor (who was in the truck with
her) knew the man, as he was a customer (a lousy one at
that). 2 hours later the cops show up, take pictures, a
statement, etc.... Then contacted the guys house, told his
wife her husband had 1 hour to contact him with insurance
info, etc. etc... Or he'd be charged with leaving the
scene. He never called. His wife called back on his
behalf, and she said he was innocent, etc. etc.. but did
give insurance info. Our insurance company did the
estimate, then cut us the check as they are fight his ins.
company for damages. Turns out, he's got 2 DUIs, 1
speeding, and 2 (now 3) chargeable accidents on his record.
 He will lose his license now. He probably figured, hey,
I'll leave...and either get away with it, or get caught..
whereas if I stay, I get caught.

People suck...

Sam '00 RT
"Why is it that when you park your nice shiny truck at the
far end of the parking lot away from all other cars, when
you return, some A-hole is parked about 6" from your
passenger door, with a TON of open parking spots around??"

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com