Re: Removing Driveshaft 101

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 23:54:01 EDT

I think you'll need to get new U joint straps as the stockers are a 1 time
deal. I'd use a lot of PB blaster ;) on those bolts. as far as driving w/o
the front axle... I've never had a prob on other vehicles, but I've gotten
mixed opinions on my truck since the front driveline turns 24/7... dealer
says it's a bad idea (my dealer is a D.A. to say the least <not district
att.> I've yet to get a straight answer and don't wanna risk screwin it up,
although I see no reason what so ever that we can't run w/o the front
driveline...