Noises from my DAK

From: Parker, Jon (jparker@grci.com)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 08:08:01 EDT

I've noticed two strange noises in my DAK, was wondering if any other
members have had such noises or have any ideas what might cause these.

1st one is a noise I hear at idle, it is very high in pitch, and could be
described as a ringing, singing, or whining noise. If the RPM's are raised
even slightly, the noise disappears, but returns when the engine reaches
idle speed again. The truck seems to run just fine, but the noise is rather
annoying.

2nd noise happens around 70 mph. It is also high pitched, and sounds like a
whine. However, it does not sound like the 1st noise at all.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Jon P. - Annandale, VA

'99 CC V8 4x4 Auto